Idli is made from rice and if it is too early, soaked lentils and rice have not been soaked, grinded and fermented, then rava can also be made from semolina.
The taste and aroma that is in the idlis made of dal rice are where in the Rava idli of Jhatpat. If the idli is stirring with hot steam, and with the same hot sambar in front of you, then you will leave all work and think only about idli.
They are so dumplings that even an eight-month-old baby can eat them. You can eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner anytime. To make Dal Rice Idlis, soak and grind the pulse rice and prepare the mixture and also need to ferment that mixture, the Idli will be well spongy.
When the mixture is well fermented, therefore, first of all we have to pay full attention to the preparation of the mixture, and for this we will have to plan in advance, if we id If you want to make Shree, then people living in hot state must soak lentils on Saturday, but those living in cold state will have to soak lentils on Friday only, because the fermentation is late in the cold, so come Then start quickly we make Idlis of Dal Rice.
Ingredients for Idli:-
- Rice – 3 cups
- urad dal – 1 cup
- baking soda – 1/2 teaspoonful
- salt – according to taste
How to make Dal Idli:-
- Clean the urad dal and rice, wash and soak them in water separately for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the extra water from the urad dal and grind it finely using less water, rice Remove the excess water from it and using a little water, grind it a little thicker, mix both of them and prepare such a thick solution that when falling with a spoon, it should not fall as a sharp edge.
- To ferment the mixture, add salt and baking soda as per taste, cover it and keep it in a warm place for 12-14 hours, the fermented mixture doubles as before. Mixture for making idlis is ready.
- Stir the mixture with a spoon, if it seems too thick then add some water. If you have a traditional utensil for making idli then it is very good .. Otherwise, you can make idlis in idli maker and pressure cooker too.
- I also make Idli in a pressure cooker. Put two small glasses of water (500 grams of water) in the pressure cooker and keep it on the gas for heating.
- Take out the idli stand, clean it, apply oil in the idlis mines and smooth it. Fill equal quantity in the Idli stand mines with a spoon, fill all the food and put them in the Idli stand.
- To cook idlis, place the stand in the cooker. Close the lid of the cooker, do not whistle over the lid. Let the idli cook for 9-10 minutes on a rapid flame.
- Turn off the gas Idlis are cooked. Open the pressure cooker, take out the idlis stand, separate the grooves, cool and with the help of a knife take out the idli and place it on a plate.
- Idlis are ready, serve hot idli with hot sambar and coconut chutney and peanut chutney and eat.
Idli Fry Recipe:
- You eat idlis with sambar, coconut chutney or peanut sauce. Sometimes there is more idli made, which is stored in the refrigerator for the next day.
- The idlis kept in the fridge reduces the humidity and it gets a little dry. They do not like to eat with chutney. We make Idli Fry from these Idlis.
- To make Idlis Fry, put 1-2 tablespoons of oil in the pan, after tempering a little mustard, 1-2 green chili chopped, a little ginger chopped, 5-6 Fry curry leaves, add peanuts or coconut chutney, a little water, salt to taste and chopped idlis and fry for 2-3 minutes while stirring with a spoon.
- You can also add chopped tomatoes if you want. Just take them out in a bowl, garnish with chopped coriander, take the fried fried idlis is ready. After eating it, tell me how it was made.
Idli Chat Recipe:
- Every meal leaves its city and goes to another area and takes its taste and form. Even though idlis is a food of South India, it also gets adapted to the local flavor after coming to North India.
- We make Idlis on most Sundays and in the evening we make Idlis Chaat from these leftover Idlis.
- To make Idlis Chat, put it in two idli plates, apply 4-5 cuts with a knife, green coriander chutney, sweet chutney, curd, chaat masala, roasted cumin, a small apple
- And If you have pomegranate seeds, then that too, take the idlis flavors dar idli chat.
Restuarant for south Indian food:- Naivedyam- Best South Indian Restaurant in Delhi
Check out my previous posts:- Paneer paratha recipe, how to make paneer paratha | paneer paratha. Aloo Paratha Recipe, how to make aloo k paratha | Aloo ke paratha. How to make french fries at home|fried potatoes recipe.
For motivation updates: http://www.skillstic.com/