Aloo paratha is a food of Punjab and North India. A breakfast of potato paratha with chutney and butter is considered best during the cold days. In the evening, potato parathas are very good with green coriander chutney and raita. Let’s start making potato parathas.
Time: 40 minutes
Serving 4 to 5 people.
Ingredients for Aloo ka paratha:-
To make flour:
- Wheat flour – 400 gms (4 cups)
- Oil – 1 table
- Potatoes – 400 gms (6-7 medium-sized)
- coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Small spoon garam masala
- one fourth teaspoon amchur powder
- one-fourth teaspoon green chili
- 2 ginger
- 1-inch toasted coriander
- 2 -3 tbsp finely grated salt
How to make Aloo Paratha:
- First, boil the potatoes, put potatoes and a glass of water in the cooker and put them on the gas and after one whistle, let the potatoes boil on low flame for 1-2 minutes, turn off the gas and cooker After the pressure is extinguished, take out the potatoes from the cooker.
- Add 2 teaspoons of ghee or oil to the flour and mix one-fourth teaspoon of salt. With the help of water knead soft dough. Cover the dough for 15-20 minutes to set. Peel and boil the boiled potatoes and finely chop them.
- Add salt, red chili, garam masala, mango powder, coriander powder, green chilies, ginger, and green coriander. Mix the spices well in the potatoes.
- This potato pithy is ready to be filled in the paratha. Divide this Pitha into 12 equal portions, make 12 equal balls of dough.
- Roll each ball with the help of a rolling pin, pour some oil on the rolled paratha and put a portion of potatoes in it, lift the paratha from all the sides and close it.
- Flatten by pressing with fingers. Roll it out into a diameter of 8 -9 inches with the help of a rolling pin.
- Put the griddle on the gas, when the griddle is hot, apply a little oil on the griddle and put the rolled paratha on the hot griddle, flip the paratha from the bottom when it is roasted from the other side, apply oil on the upper side and roast the paratha on the other side. Apply oil too.
- While giving light pressure all around with a spoon or a spoon, roast the paranthas on both the sides till they get crispy, brown spots. Likewise, roast all the parathas.
- Parathas are ready.
- Serve these parathas with butter, green coriander chutney, pea butter or curd.
Check out my previous posts:-Best places to visit in Delhi, India|hungryytummyLas Vegas, one of the best places in America -hungryytummy
For motivation updates: http://www.skillstic.com/